Young Expert Exchange for Sustainable Development
Team works! in Africa gives young professionals and trainees from Germany the opportunity to support an enterprise in an African country. Young experts from African countries can volunteer in a German enterprise through Team works! in Germany. In both cases, they are mentored by experts from the Senior Experten Service (SES).
During their assignments, participants work on sustainable development issues, focusing on at least one of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals. By living and working on the other continent and interacting with the people in their country of assignment, they gain a real sense of global awareness. In line with the concept of global learning, the international teams work together to develop ideas for sustainable action and management in their specific working environment. Team works! revolves around exchange and strengthening of international partnerships.
The programme is funded by Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by Engagement Global in cooperation with the Senior Experten Service (SES).
Exchange and strengthening of international partnerships.
Team works! means collaboration and global learning
- between two generations and continents
- with expertise for sustainable development
- for personal, societal and entrepreneurial development
Team works! helps young people
- develop an awareness of global issues and the action they can take
- champion the Sustainable Development Goals among their family and friends and society at large
- learn how to engage with different ways of life, views, cultures and countries
Team works! promotes equal partnership
- by bringing together experts from Germany and African countries to form long-lasting ties based on shared experiences and interests -
- through joint action by all parties in pursuit of the Agenda 2030 goals
- through assignments at enterprises on both continents - from craft businesses to highly specialised labs